Skip to main content

Faculty Resources

This guide has been created to assist new and part-time faculty; however it contains information and links useful to all faculty at Cape Fear Community College.
  • URL:
  • Print Page

    PAPERWORK : What if I have questions about the hiring process? Have I completed all my employment paperwork?

    Human Resources (Personnel) FAQ page.

    You should receive instructions and forms from the department where you will be working.

    CFCC Campus Directory
    Lists the main contact numbers for all Campuses, Centers, Divisions and Departments

    PARKING : Where will I park and what parking permits do I need?

    Campus Maps Link
    Faculty & Staff Parking Regulations

    Parking Decal Request Form
    ID CARD : How do I get a CFCC ID card?
    To secure a CFCC identification card, employees must present a valid photo ID verifying identity and the seven-digit CFCC number that has been assigned to them. Acceptable forms of photo identification are:
    • Driver’s License
    • State of North Carolina ID Card (or official ID issued by another state)
    • Military ID
    • Passport

    ID Card Schedule
    MY CFCC & E-MAIL : How do I set up MyCFCC account and access my campus email?

    Help With Setting Up & Troubleshooting Your Campus Account



    Academic Calendar

    Instructional Technology Training Calendar

    Campus Events Calendar


    TRAINING (COMPUTERS & OTHER EQUIPMENT): If I need training in use of the computers or presentation equipment in my classroom, whom should I contact?
    The Faculty/Staff Help Desk offers equipment training and assistance.

    REPORTING COMPUTER & OTHER EQUIPMENT PROBLEMS: How do I report malfunctioning classroom equipment?

    Log into MyCFCC Then use the HELPDESK page on the Intranet to report problems. For computer and printer problems, select IT Help Desk; for all other equipment, select Media Services.

    OTHER TECHNOLOGY LINKS: What else do I need to know about computing at CFCC?

    CFCC Computer Acceptable Use Policy

    Wireless Network (SurfCFCC)

    IT Homepage


    ELECTRONIC CLASS RECORD KEEPING: What do I need to get started with course rosters and recording grades?

    Enrollment Verification (Internet & hybrid courses only)
    Recording No-Shows
    Entering Final Grades
    Entering Grades from a Previously Locked Roster
    Submitting Web Attendance

    LIBRARY SERVICES FOR TEACHING: What services can the Library provide for my classes?

    Library Services for the Instructor
    Library Services for Your Students
    Requesting Library Materials

    ELECTRONIC RESOURCES FOR TEACHING : What help is available for getting started with Blackboard software?

    Online Learning Support

    CLASSROOMS & EQUIPMENT: Can I visit the classroom(s) where I will be teaching to see the room configuration and equipment?

    Most classrooms have a projector and a computer. Some additionally have a sympodium or monitor, VCR, Elmo camera, smart board technology, video switcher, audio speakers, chalkboard or white board, or overhead projector. Find your room using: Explanation of Section and Building Codes. Security can accompany you to your assigned classroom. Call 910-362-7000 (Downtown) or 910-362-7700 (North).

    TEXTBOOKS: Where do I get a copy of the course textbook and passwords for any online text support materials?
    To identify the text(s) used in your course(s), visit the CFCC Bookstore Text Search Page. More information about instructor's editions or support materials can be obtained from your department.

    SHARED COURSE MATERIALS: What course materials are available from my department and what will I need to develop myself?
    Check with your department supervisor.

    PHOTOCOPYING & PRINTING: Where will I make photocopies needed for my classes?
    See Section 3.6 of the Staff and Faculty Handbook. For further information see CFCC Printing Policy FAQs.

    GRADING POLICY: Is there a college-wide policy on grading?
    The College's grading policies can be found in the current Course Catalog

    ATTENDANCE POLICY: Is there a college-wide policy on attendance?

    Students who have not attended at least once by the 10 percent date of the class will be dropped by the instructor as a “No Show.” Within their respective departmental guidelines, instructors are responsible for stating their own course attendance and tardiness requirements on course syllabi distributed at the beginning of the academic term. For more details consult the Course Catalog

    FELLOW FACULTY: Who else on campus teaches the course(s) I will be teaching and how can I contact them?
    Participate in the Faculty Association.  Find out how. 

    Get to know your colleagues by checking Class Schedules (For Curriculum classes, select the correct Term--Summer, Fall--and fill in at least one other search field. You can select a subject code like BIO or MAT, or choose a campus in Location to see all classes taught on that campus. Click Submit to see the list of classes.) Then use the instructor's last name to search for contact information in the CFCC Staff Directory