After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Describe an evidence-based assessment of pediatric pain.
- Take a pain history.
- Explain the use of regular pain evaluations using objective criteria and/or standardized scales.
- Describe the use of the PQRST mnemonic and other standard methods to assess the child's pain.
- Use both non-verbal and self-reporting tools to measure a child's pain.
- Describe physiologic signs of pediatric pain.
- Utilize behavioral observation scales to assess pediatric pain.
VIEW THE Assessing Pediatric Pain VIDEO
THEN RETURN TO THIS PAGE TO VERIFY YOUR VIEWING & RECEIVE CLASS CREDIT